- Some Pandora users have posted on support forums that the Pandora music app for Windows 10 is not working.
- This troubleshooting guide contains solutions that can fix a Pandora application that is not running.
- Check out our Windows 10 hub to browse other Windows 10 articles.
- Our app center contains a large number of articles for repairing Windows 10 apps.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 539,401 readers this month.
Pandora is a music application that is now available in the MS Store. However, some users have said in support forums that the application does not work for them.
When they try to open Pandora, the application doesn’t start at all or just a few seconds before closing. To quote a user:
How can I fix the Pandora app?
1. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- To open the search box in Windows 10, press Windows key + S hotkey.
- Type troubleshooting in the search box.
- Select Troubleshoot installation to open that tab.
- Click Additional troubleshooters.
5. Select Windows Store apps to click the Run Troubleshooter button.
6.If the app’s troubleshooter detects problems, check out the troubleshooter’s suggestions.
2. Turn off your antivirus software
- To disable Windows Security Antivirus, click the Type here to search button on the taskbar.
- Then type Windows security in the search box.
- Click Windows Security to open it.
4. Click the Virus & Threat Protection Shield button on the left side of the application.
5.Click Manage Settings to access more options.
6. Disable the real-time protection option.
If you have installed a third-party antivirus program, you must disable it by right-clicking its icon in the system tray. Then select the Disable or Disable Shield setting for your antivirus program from the context menu. If possible, disable your antivirus software for about an hour and then try opening Pandora.
3. Refresh Windows Update
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run window.
- In the Open box of Run, type services.msc and click the OK option.
- Right-click on Windows Update to select the Stop option.
4.Then right click on Smart Background Service and select Stop.
5.Click the taskbar button for File Explorer.
6.Open this folder in File Explorer:
7. Hold down the Ctrl key to select all content in the SoftwareDistribution folder.
8. Click Delete on the Home tab.
9. Restart Windows 10 and try to launch Pandora.
4. Reset the Pandora app
- Press the Type here to search button on the left side of the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Enter applications in the search box.
- Click Apps & Features to open that tab in Settings.
4.Select Pandora from the list of applications and click Advanced options.
5.Click the Reset option.
6.Click Reset again in the confirmation message.
5. Reset the MS Store cache
- Open the Run accessory as described for resolution three.
- Enter cmd in Run and click to launch Command Prompt.
- Type this command in the prompt box:
4. Press the Return key on your keyboard after entering that command.
The above resolutions are not necessarily guaranteed to fix Pandora, but chances are they will fix the app.
However, keep in mind that there is also a music player on the Pandora website that you can use as an alternative.