- Microsoft has released the second build of Windows 10 Internal Preview 20H2 for the beta channel (formerly Slow Ring).
- The latest Windows 10 20H2 on the beta channel fixes several issues, including a Windows 10 2004 OneDrive access error.
- To discover the latest feature updates and bug fixes for prerelease versions of Windows 10, visit the Windows 10 Insider Build section.
- Feel free to visit the Windows 10 page for more news and guides to improve your Windows mastery.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 546,310 readers this month.
Microsoft has released the second build of Windows 10 Internal Preview 20H2 for the beta channel (formerly Slow Ring).
Build 19042.388 is a cumulative update (KB4565503) that brings several bug fixes. However, it has no improvements or feature updates.
Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388 solves a OneDrive issue
Last week, Microsoft acknowledged an issue with access to OneDrive for Windows 10 2004 users.
Specifically, the bug prevented OneDrive users from using the Files On Demand feature. Likewise, it was impossible for these users to access synced files on Windows 10.
The problem, which Microsoft attributes to legacy file system drivers on older machines or devices with legacy applications, no longer exists.
“We fixed an issue that might prevent you from connecting to OneDrive using the OneDrive app. This issue occurs on some older devices or on devices that have older apps, which use legacy file system filter drivers. As a result, this might prevent these devices from downloading new files or opening previously synced or downloaded files.”
The latest Windows 10 20H2 on the beta channel fixes these other issues:
- Inability for Server Core platform users to change the system locale using PowerShell.
- Visual issues with certain games and applications when resizing in windowed mode or when switching to windowed mode from full screen.
- Error code c0000008 associated with the failure of the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS), which is critical to the Windows 10 logon process. Microsoft had linked the error to some of the June 9, 2020 Tuesday patch updates.
- Inability of some applications to print documents containing images or large files. Some updates on June 9, 2020, according to Microsoft, caused the problem.
- Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388 also brings security updates for multiple apps and platforms, including the Windows App Platform.
With Microsoft adopting a new naming convention for its pre-release versions of Windows, we know that 20H2 represents an upcoming release between June and December of this year.
In other news, the security fixes for patch Tuesday 14 July 2020 are now available for download.
Have you downloaded Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388 yet? If there are any issues, please let us know in the comment section below.