- Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388 hit the beta channel yesterday and brought with it a host of bug fixes.
- Some users can’t find Notepad after installing build 19042.388.
- For the latest fixes and feature enhancements for Windows, visit the Windows 10 Updates section.
- We bring you fresh news, app reviews, user interface guides and more on the Windows 10 page. Feel free to take a look!
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 546,310 readers this month.
Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388 hit the beta channel yesterday and brought with it a host of bug fixes.
But just like the July Patch Tuesday updates that Microsoft released on the same day, the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 brings some issues to the PC. One of the most notable issues is that updating to build 19042.388 can remove Notepad.
Windows 10 20H2 update may remove Notepad
Some users are reporting on Reddit that Notepad has disappeared from their PC after an upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.388.
A user wonders:
Does the new update remove Notepad? (ver. 19041.388). How to get it back?
In addition, some users lost Microsoft Paint after the update.
Hello i updated my windows to 19041.388 and now i don’t have Paint and Notepad? How can i get them back.
All these users are desperate to get their Windows 10 apps back.
But what many affected users may not know is that Notepad is now an optional feature in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
The good news is that if the application is missing after installing the new operating system, you can restore it through the operating system’s optional feature settings.
Just go to Settings > Apps & Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature.
Another user (this time a gamer) regrets his ordeal with the PS4 controller after upgrading to Windows 10 version 20H2 version 19042.388.
This user claims that his driver was working fine before updating. However, the update seems to have broken the system as the device disconnects every few seconds.
“Before the update (OS Build 19041.388) everything was working fine. But now when I turn on the controller, the “Bluetooth & other devices” page shows the controller as ‘Connected’ but then disconnects after a few seconds.”
Interesting experiences with the latest update of Windows 10 20H2? As always, you can reach out with suggestions or questions via the comments section below.