- Your device’s performance has a lot to do with updating your drivers.
- Using a specialized third-party tool will keep your PC constantly up to date.
- Device Manager can also be used to update the firmware automatically.
- Another way to do this is to visit the GPU manufacturer’s website.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 907,493 readers this month.
Graphics cards are essential today as they have great computing power that can produce high quality images.
Why would you need higher quality images and resolution? Because everything that happens visually on your computer needs a GPU to run.
Without a graphics card, no video signal would reach your monitor. Nobody wants to look at a blank screen, right?
Obviously, some processors come with integrated GPUs, but those are no match for dedicated processors capable of running the latest games and playing video at 8k resolution.
However, having a capable grapchis card is not enough. You need to keep it up to date as the firmware needs to be optimized to work properly.
Keeping your drivers up-to-date is therefore essential if you want to achieve maximum gaming performance and watch movies at higher resolutions.
Also, frequent driver patches come with fixes for issues and bugs that can make or break games. If you are a gamer, you need to be aware of these updates to have the best experience.
New drivers often bring several improvements, such as new features and improved stability, so you can understand why it’s important to keep your drivers up to date.
This is especially important for graphics card drivers, as newer versions may offer better performance in newer games.
Updating drivers is relatively easy and today we will show you how to update graphics drivers in Windows 10.
How can I update graphics drivers on Windows 10?
1. Use Device Manager
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
- Choose Device Manager from the list.
3. Go to the Display adapters section, right click on the graphics driver.
4 .Choose Update Driver Software from the menu
5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
6 .Wait a while while Windows 10 tries to find and install the latest driver for your PC.
Using the Device Manager to update drivers requires a bit of prior knowledge, but once you understand it, everything will be easy.
Install the drivers from your local computer.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
3.Then click the Browse button.
4. After you find the correct folder, click Next and wait for Windows 10 to scan the folder.
5. If compatible drivers are found, Windows 10 will install them automatically.
If you already have the necessary driver files on your computer, you can simply direct them to the Device Manager, the program will do the rest of the work for you.
2. Update drivers automatically
Automatically updating drivers saves time. A special driver update utility protects your system from permanent damage caused by installing the wrong version of the driver.
Once a professional tool is installed, the program will automatically start scanning your PC for outdated drivers and compare the versions of your installed drivers with the cloud database of the latest versions.
To make sure everything runs smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, use a comprehensive driver update wizard that fixes your issues in just a few clicks, and we highly recommend DriverFix. Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the drivers that you want to fix.
- Wait for the application to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
3. Download the drivers manually
This method is a bit more advanced because you need to know what type of graphics card you are using, the manufacturer’s website and the correct driver version.
To find out your graphics card model, you can use the Device Manager and navigate to the Display adapters section as in the previous solution.
After you find your graphics card model, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website. From there, you need to navigate to the Downloads or Drivers section.
Now you need to choose the product type, product series and product. All of this information is available in Device Manager or any other system information tool.
Once you have selected your graphics card model, you need to select the OS version you are using. This implies the 32-bit version or the 64-bit version.
Note that you should select the 64-bit version of the driver if you are using a 64-bit operating system for maximum performance.
After the new graphics driver is installed, restart your computer to complete the installation. Now you can enjoy the latest firmware features and tools.
As you can see, updating graphics driver in Windows 10 is quite easy and we hope one of our methods will help you.
We highly recommend checking out this in-depth guide on how to update your GPU drivers in Windows 10 for more information.
If you have any other suggestions or recommendations, or would like to share your experience on the topic, let us know in the comment section below.