- Wondering if there is a way to send audio to multiple devices in Windows 10? We’ve got some quick tips for you.
- For example, you can easily use the Stereo Mix option to customize it and play audio from two devices at the same time.
- This Audio Troubleshooting section can also help you resolve any audio issues.
- Even if you don’t have the expertise of a tech-savvy, take a look at our Windows 10 Tip Center. The comprehensive guides included shouldn’t put you off.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 1,015,619 readers this month.
It’s no secret that Windows plays audio through a connected output device by default.
Therefore, users usually have to switch between alternative connected speakers or headphones to select the desired playback device.
However, you can configure Windows 10 to play sound from two connected playback devices at the same time.
For example, in Windows 10 you can play audio from two connected playback devices at the same time.
How can I output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10?
- Enable Stereo Mix
- Select Output devices to play audio from specific applications
1. Enable Stereo Mix
- Right-click the Speakers icon in the system tray and select Sounds.
- Select the Playback tab shown directly below in the snapshot.
- Then select the audio playback device for the main speakers and click Set as Default. That will be one of the two playback devices that will play the audio.
- Select the Recording tab shown directly below.
5. Right-click on an empty space in the Recording tab and select the Show disabled devices option. So normally you’ll see Stereo Mix under the Recording tab.
6. Right click on Stereo Mix and select the Enable option.
7. Then right-click on Stereo Mix to select Set as Default Device option from the context menu.
8. Click Properties in the Stereo Mix context menu to open the Stereo Mix Properties window.
9. In the Stereo Mix window, select the Listen tab.
10. Then click on the Listen to this device check box.
11. Select the second playback device listed in the Play this device drop-down menu.
12. Click the Apply and OK buttons in both the Stereo Mix properties and the Sound window.
13. Restart your desktop or laptop. After that, Windows will simultaneously play audio from your primary audio device and the device you selected from the Play this device drop- down menu.
So you need to enable Stereo Mix in Win 10 and then configure your settings as described above.
Note that not all users will always see Stereo Mix on the Recording tab, even after selecting Show disabled devices. Usually this is due to the sound driver on your laptop or desktop.
Some of the newer sound drivers are no longer compatible with Stereo Mix. Therefore, if you cannot enable Stereo Mix, you may need to install an older sound driver.
If your HDMI is not showing up on playback devices in Windows 10, check out this step-by-step guide to fix the problem.
If you are sure that the problem is your driver, to avoid similar problems in the future, you can prevent Windows 10 from updating the driver automatically with the help of this easy to follow guide.
2. Select Output Devices to play audio from specific apps
- To select audio output for specific software, right-click the Speakers icon and select Open Sound Settings.
2. Then click on App Volume and Device Preferences to open the options shown in the image directly below.
3. All your open apps are listed in the settings. Click the Output drop-down menu next to the software for which you need to select a playback device.
4.Then you can select a connected playback device from the drop-down menu. Note that Windows will save your chosen audio output device to play audio when you open the software you selected it for.
The latest version of Windows 10 includes new settings that allow users to customize the playback devices for the software. Now users can select different audio playback devices for alternative uses.
For example, you can select a set of speakers to play music from Google Chrome and a different set of speakers to play audio from the Movies & TV app.
Therefore, you can play audio from two or more playback devices simultaneously by selecting an alternate audio output for the software.
If you’re having trouble opening the Settings app, check out this quick troubleshooting article.
Note that you can also enable Stereo Mix on older Windows platforms, but you cannot configure multiple output devices to play audio from specific applications on Windows 7 or 8.
Therefore, you can play audio from two or more sound devices at the same time by turning on Stereo Mix or adjusting the volume and device preferences in Win 10.
If you plan on connecting multiple headphones but don’t have enough jack ports, use a headphone splitter.
⇒ Get Syncwire Headphone Splitter
If you know of any other solution to the problem, please share it in the comment section below so other users can try it too.
Remember that the Audio Router software still allows you to select application-specific audio playback devices.
If you have any other questions, you can leave them there as well.