- If you run multiple programs at the same time on your PC or laptop, there is an easy way to control their volume.
- There are many ways to control the volume of your devices. In this article, we’ll show you it all.
- Want to learn more amazing things about Windows 10? Check out our detailed Windows 10 hub.
- Visit our in-depth how-to section for more cool guides and tutorials
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 538,710 readers this month.
It can be confusing to have many programs running at the same time, especially if you’re using them all at the same time. Maybe you’re trying to listen to a song on YouTube when you suddenly hear random sounds.
There are many ways to control the sound of your applications, including a built-in volume mixer in your Windows 10. Here is a list of all the possible ways to do it.
How do I turn off sound for a specific program?
1. Use the Windows 10 Volume Mixer
- Right click on the speaker icon on the right side of the taskbar.
2. Click Open Volume Mixer.
3.Find the show you want to mute.
4.Click the speaker icon to toggle between mute/unmute.
Note: Windows 10 remembers your settings, so if you’ve disabled and restarted an app, keep in mind that it will remain silent.
These settings are also specific to the sound device. You can mute the volume of a particular app when using your speakers, but if you also want to mute it when you have another audio device plugged in, you’ll need to plug it in separately and then mute the app again.
2. Use Microsoft EarTrumpet
Microsoft EarTrumpet is a great alternative to your standard volume mixer. The app is free on the Microsoft Store and comes with many features that make it easy to control the volume.
You can configure hotkeys or even use the mouse wheel to mute or adjust the volume of all your apps individually. Also, you can control all your input and output devices individually without any hassle. The program also fits perfectly with the Windows interface, with a night/day mode.
3. Use SoundVolumeView
- Right click on the device you want to mute.
- Select Create desktop shortcut.
- Navigate to your desktop and right click on the newly created shortcut.
- Double-click the shortcut to mute or unmute it.
SoundVolumeView is a minimalistic tool that allows you to create specialized shortcuts. The program displays all sound devices and programs available on your computer, as well as information about their volume and whether they are muted or not.
⇒ Try SoundVolumeView
Muting a program in Windows 10 is as easy as it gets. Just follow the steps above and you’re good to go.
If you have any other information on this topic, let us know in the “Comments” section below.