- ArcheAge caused error 1020 is one of the in-game issues we are fixing today.
- Usually the problems will be solved by changing the DirectX mode and adjusting the graphics settings.
- Always keep your Windows and GPU drivers up to date as they are crucial for running games.
- Sometimes running the game with administrator privileges can prevent ArcheAge from starting.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 907,493 readers this month.
ArcheAge is a popular Korean MMORPG with millions of players around the world. Get regular updates and new content every year.
Despite the popularity of this game, Windows 10 users have reported certain issues such as poor performance and graphics glitches or Archeage Unchained error 1020.
In this article, we will tackle these issues and provide complete solutions to solve them and continue your experience in this great MMO.
How do I fix Common ArcheAge Issues On Windows 10?
1. Make sure that your computer meets the hardware requirements / lower your graphic settings
- While playing ArcheAge, press Esc.
- Go to Options and then to Display Settings and Quality.
3 . Move the Graphics Quality Settings slider all the way to the left to set the graphics settings to Low.
4. Click Apply to save the changes.
5 . If you’re having graphics issues with ArcheAge, make sure your computer meets the minimum hardware requirements.
If your computer meets the hardware requirements for ArcheAge on Windows 10, you may need to lower the graphics settings. Once the graphics issues are resolved, try to improve the quality of the graphics.
2. Switch from DirectX 11 to DirectX 9 mode
- While playing ArcheAge, press Esc to open the menu.
- Go to Options, then Display Settings and Display.
3 . Click DirectX 9 and click Apply.
In certain situations, DirectX can cause graphics issues with ArcheAge, so it is recommended that you switch back to DirectX 9. To do this, follow these steps:
If you want, you can always switch back to DirectX 11 by doing the same steps.
3. Delete shaders cache
- Go to the following path:
Documents \ ArcheAge \ USER \ shaders
- You should see the cache folder. Remove it.
- Restart the game.
ArcheAge has been reported to have some graphical glitches, such as displaying completely black character parts with no textures. To work around this graphics issue, you need to delete the shader cache folder.
4. Update your video drivers
Graphics problems are often caused by video drivers, and if you are having graphics problems, make sure to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.
All your drivers need to be updated, but doing it manually is very tedious so we recommend doing it automatically using a professional driver updating tool.
By updating drivers automatically, you avoid the risk of serious failures and save time.
⇒ Get Driverfix
5. Run game client as administrator
- Go to the Glyph folder. By default it should be in the following path:
C: Program Files Glyph (x86)
- Right click on the GlyphClient and choose Properties.
3 . Go to the Compatibility tab and make sure to check Run this program as administrator.
4. Click Apply and OK and try patching the game again.
Users have reported issues with patches and according to users they are unable to install the ArcheAge patches. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to run Glyph as an administrator. To do this, follow these steps:
It is also recommended to run GlyphDownloader.exe from the Glyph directory to make sure the patch is up to date.
6. Check your firewall / antivirus
Sometimes your Windows Firewall or antivirus can interfere with the game’s patching system, so it is recommended that you add the ArcheAge folder to your firewall/antivirus exclusion list.
If that doesn’t work, you may need to disable your antivirus/firewall before launching ArcheAge.
7. Close other applications before starting ArcheAge
Other installed applications can sometimes cause problems with ArcheAge, so it is recommended that you close them before starting ArcheAge.
You may also need to disable some applications from startup to make sure they don’t interfere with ArcheAge.
8. Use default administrator account to run the game
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- You can do this by pressing Windows key + X and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) from the list
3. When the command prompt starts, enter the following line and press Enter to run it:
network user administrator / active: yes
4 .Log out of your account and switch to the administrator account.
5 .Try patching the game again when you switch to the administrator account.
1 .Once done, you can go back to your original account and disable the administrator account by launching command prompt as administrator and typing
network user administrator / active: no
If you’re having trouble patching the game, you may want to run the patch software from a standard administrator account. Follow the steps above to enable the default administrator account.
9. Delete the ArcheAge folder from Documents
- Change a certain setting while in the game.
- Go to the character selection screen.
- Get out of the game.
- Restart the game. If your settings have not been saved, continue to the next step.
- Close the game and go to the road:
Please note that the location of this folder on your computer may be slightly different.
- After opening the Documents folder, you should see the ArcheAge folder. Remove it.
- After you delete this folder, your settings should be saved.
Some users have reported that their settings are not saved after logging out and that the settings revert to defaults once the player logs out of ArcheAge. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
10. Select your region
- Run the game.
- Select the desired region in the top right corner.
Some users have reported error 1035 when playing ArcheAge. This error appears if you do not select your region and to resolve it, follow these steps:
11. Update DirectX
Users have reported that D3dx9_42.Dll is missing error on their computers when they try to launch ArcheAge. If you get this error, it means you are using an unsupported version of DirectX.
Therefore, you need to update it by going to the official website and downloading the latest versions available. After updating DirectX, restart your computer and try to run ArcheAge again.
12. Delete Hackshield files
- Close ArcheAge and Glyph completely.
- Go to the ArcheAge installation folder.
By default it should be here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAgeLive
- Open the bin32 folder. Then go to the hshield folder.
- Locate the asc and Update folders and delete them both.
- Try launching ArcheAge again.
Some users report getting “The gods have disconnected you” message and to resolve this, it is recommended to check your antivirus software.
To ensure that other software does not interfere with ArcheAge. Furthermore, it is also recommended that you delete your Hackshield files by following these steps:
If the problem persists, you may need to reinstall ArcheAge on your computer.
13. Edit system.cfg file
- Go to the Documents folder and locate the ArcheAge folder.
- In the ArcheAge folder you should see the file system.cfg. Open that file with Notepad.
- When the system.cfg file opens, look for the following line:
- Change it to:
login_first_movie = 1
- Save your changes and try running the game again.
Users have reported that Archeage crashes before the introduction movie, and if this happens to you, you may need to modify the ArcheAge system.cfg file. To do this, follow these steps:
If you don’t have system.cfg in the ArcheAge folder, you can also skip the introduction video by pressing the Esc key on your keyboard while the game loads.
14. Disable your antivirus and reinstall ArcheAge
- Disable your antivirus program.
- Open glyph.
- Right click ArcheAge and select Uninstall. If you are prompted to confirm, click Yes.
- Press Windows Key + R and in the Run window enter %localappdata%. Click OK or press Enter.
- Go to Glyph and then to the Games folder.
- Locate the ArcheAge folder and delete it.
- Go back to Glyph, find ArcheAge and click the Install button to download it again.
If you get an error message stating that certain .dll files are missing, you can disable your antivirus software and reinstall ArcheAge.
15. Restart the game
Users have reported experiencing screen flickering in ArcheAge when switching from windowed mode to full screen mode.
If this happens to you, all you need to do is restart the game and the flickering issues will disappear completely.
16. Check the sound settings
- Open Documents and then ArcheAge.
- Search for system.cfg and delete it.
Users have reported receiving no sound while playing ArcheAge. If you are having sound issues, make sure you have the latest audio drivers installed.
17. Move cryphysics.dll to the game directory
- Download this file.
- Extract the file to the following path:
C: Program Files (x86) GlyphGamesArcheAgeLivebin32
- Try running the game again.
Sometimes cryphysics.dll can be removed by your antivirus software, and if this happens, you need to do the following:
To avoid this problem in the future, you can disable your antivirus program or reinstall ArcheAge with your antivirus software disabled.
18. Flush your DNS cache
- Open Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt opens, enter the following and press Enter to run it:
Users reported error 1035 when launching ArcheAge, and if you are getting this error, you should check your firewall settings. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to clear your DNS cache either.
19. Turn off anti-aliasing
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click Manage 3D Settings.
- Find Antialiasing – Mode and set it to Off.
If you’re having game performance issues, it’s recommended that you disable anti-aliasing in the Nvidia Control Panel and Catalyst Control Center.
Follow these steps to disable anti-aliasing for AMD cards:
- Open the Catalyst Control Center.
- Go to Games and then to settings for 3D applications.
- Decrease the anti-aliasing setting.
Once you’ve disabled anti-aliasing in the Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel, launch the game.
- When the game starts, go to the Game Settings.
- Then go to Display Settings, select DirectX 9 and click Apply.
- Restart the game and everything should work fine.
When the game starts, go to Game Settings Display Settings -> DirectX 9 and click Apply. Restart the game and everything should work fine.
20. Make sure that Glyph isn’t running in background
- Open Task Manager.
- With Glyph running, right-click and choose End Task.
3 .Close Task Manager and try starting the game again.
Users reported the error Can’t enter the Glyph platform and to fix this make sure that Glyph is not running in the background.
Although ArcheAge has some problems in Windows 10, most of them can be solved easily and we hope our solutions helped you solve these problems.