- Windows 10 includes a login screen that you can customize with alternate wallpapers.
- This practical guide shows how users can easily change the background of the login screen.
- Our Windows 10 hub is the best place to explore other Windows 10 software articles.
- You can also view more articles in the guide by following our Accounts and Login section.
To fix various PC issues, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 536,638 readers this month
On the Windows 10 login screen, log in with a user account on your desktop or laptop.
It’s a great place to display one of your favorite images as your login screen background.
Check out the three methods below to change the Windows 10 login screen background.
How can I change the background image for Windows 10’s login screen?
1. Change the login screen background in Settings
- Open the Type Here To Search utility by clicking the appropriate button on the left side of the taskbar.
- Type the keyword lock screen in the search box.
- Click Change lock screen background to open Settings as shown in the screenshot directly below.
4. Click the Background drop-down menu to open it.
5. Select the Image option.
6. Press the Browse button.
7. Select the image you want to include in the background of the Windows 10 login screen.
8. Press the Choose image button to confirm your selection.
9. To include multiple images on the login screen, select the Slideshow option from the drop down menu.
10. Click the Add a folder button.
11. Select a folder that contains the slideshow images for your login screen. You may need to manually move the images to a new folder in File Explorer.
12. Click on the Choose this folder option.
13. Then select the picture album from the Lock screen tab in Settings.
14. Finally, enable the Show lock screen background image on login screen option if it is not selected.
15. After that, restart Windows 10 to see your new login screen background.
2. Check out W10 Logon Background Changer
- Open the GitHub page for the W10 Logon Background Changer program.
- Click Win10BGChanger1.2.1.zip to save the ZIP file.
- Open the ZIP file for W10 Loon Background in File Explorer.
- Click Extract All on the Compressed Folder Tools tab.
5. Select the Show extracted files when complete option and press the Extract button.
6. Click on W10 Logon Background Changer.exe to open the window shown directly below.
7. Click the button to the right of the Background file name box appears here.
8. Choose an image to include on the login screen.
9. Press the Apply changes button.
10. You can restore the original background image by clicking the Restore Defaults button.
3. Change Windows 10’s login background to your Windows 10 accent color
- Right-click the Start button to select Run from the Win + X menu.
- In the Open box, type regedit and press Enter to launch the Registry Editor.
- Then open this registry path
4. Right-click the system key to select New.
5. Select the DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
6. Enter DisableLogonBackgroundImage as the DWORD name.
7. Double click on DisableLogonBackgroundImage to open the window below.
8. Enter 1 in the Value data box to override the default value and select the OK option.
9. Your Windows login screen now has a flat background color that matches the selected accent color. Select an alternate accent color to change the login screen background color.
Here’s how to change the login screen background for Windows 10.
The Settings app has plenty of options to change the login screen background image, but you can also change your background to a solid color with the registry edit described above.