- Hamachi is a pretty good VPN, but the various bugs with this app can cause a lot of problems on the PC.
- The elements that cause these errors range from antivirus settings to drivers to Windows Firewall.
- Everything you need to know about virtual private networks is in our VPN section.
- Our Technical Troubleshooting Center can transform you into a computer expert, so take a look.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 539,401 readers this month
Hamachi is a useful tool, but many users reported various errors with this application on their PC. These errors can cause various problems and in today’s article we will show you how to fix them.
Hamachi errors can cause many problems on your PC. Here are some common issues that users have reported:
- Hamachi network adapter error – It can happen if the required virtual network driver is not installed. Update the adapter driver.
- Hamachi VPN error Windows 10 –Puede ser causado por otras aplicaciones VPN. Puede solucionar fácilmente el problema eliminando la otra VPN de su PC.
- Hamachi tunnel problem Windows 10, yellow triangle – It can happen if the required services are not running. Open the Services window and restart the required services.
- Hamachi error this network does not exist, failed to connect to network adapter – The problem is most likely your firewall, so check your settings and make sure Hamachi can get through it.
- Hamachi error 2503, 52, 1068, 2755, code 2502 –These errors can occur for several reasons, but you should be able to fix them with one of our solutions.
How do I fix Hamachi errors on Windows 10?
- Check your antivirus
- Update drivers automatically
- Make sure the Hamachi service is running
- Remove problematic apps
- Reinstall Hamachi
- Install the driver manually while Hamachi is installing
- Use a different installer
- Try an older version of Hamachi. to use
- Disable Windows Firewall
1. Check your antivirus
According to users, the cause of Hamachi errors may be your antivirus program. Sometimes your antivirus can block the VPN, so check your settings and make sure Hamachi can run.
If this is not the problem, you can try disabling certain features or disabling your antivirus program altogether.
If the problem persists, your last option is to completely remove your antivirus from your PC.
Even if you remove your antivirus, your PC will remain protected by Windows Defender, so you don’t have to worry about its security.
If removing your antivirus solves your problem, now might be a good time to switch to a different antivirus solution.
If you’re looking for a new antivirus that won’t interfere with your system and other applications, we highly recommend giving Bitdefender Antivirus Plus a try.
This is an award-winning solution that uses the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to anticipate and block any threat before it reaches your PC.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is very light on your system. Rather than straining your resources, it optimizes your PC for the best possible performance whether you’re working or playing.
2. Update the drivers automatically
Sometimes Hamachi errors can be due to lack of drivers, and if you have tunnel problem or VPN error, the problem could be lack of drivers.
You can try updating them manually by selecting them all in the Device Manager and selecting the Update Driver option, but that will take a long time and will not guarantee perfect results.
The fastest and safest way to update your drivers is to use specialized software like DriverFix.
It is very easy to use, but you need to download and install the tool first. It will run automatically and start scanning your PC for old, missing or faulty drivers.
Don’t leave as the process only takes a few seconds and then you will receive a list of recommended drivers to install.
The last step is even easier because if you want to install them all, all you need to do is click the Update All button.
Of course, you can also install a few by checking the corresponding boxes and clicking their individual Update button from the right.
3. Make sure that Hamachi service is running
According to users, you may encounter various Hamachi errors if the required services are not running. Many users reported tunnel and VPN errors in Hamachi and in most cases you can easily fix these problems by restarting the Hamachi services. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Services window. The fastest way to do this is to press Windows key + R and enter services.msc. Now press Enter or click OK.
2. When the Services window opens, locate and double click on the Hamachi Tunnel Engine service.
3. When the Properties window opens, click the Stop button to stop the service. Wait a moment and then click the Start button. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
According to users, this simple solution has fixed the tunnel and VPN bug with Hamachi, so we recommend that you give it a try.
4. Remove problematic applications
If you have Hamachi errors such as a tunnel problem or a VPN error, the problem could be caused by third-party software.
Sometimes VPN clients can interfere with Hamachi and that can lead to this and many other problems.
To solve the problem, it is recommended to find and remove your current VPN client. Users reported that the Dell VPN client was causing this issue, but after removing it, the issue was resolved.
Keep in mind that other software can cause this problem, not just your VPN client.
If your VPN client was the problem, consider using a different VPN client. If you want a good, easy-to-use VPN client that won’t interfere with your system, we highly recommend trying private internet access.
This great tool protects your online identity, even from your ISP, and even protects you on public Wi-Fi networks.
Private Internet access gives you a different IP address and that is a gateway for other content from all video on demand platforms like HBO GO, Amazon Prime Video or Netflix.
Private Internet Access has a 30-day money-back guarantee and offers 2 months free!
5. Reinstall Hamachi
Sometimes Hamachi errors can be caused by a corrupted installation, and if that happens, the best course of action is to reinstall Hamachi.
This is easy enough to do, but to completely reinstall Hamachi it is recommended to use an uninstaller.
In case you are not aware, an uninstaller software like IObit Uninstaller can completely remove the desired application from your PC.
Unlike the usual uninstall process, the uninstaller software removes all files and registry entries associated with Hamachi.
Once Hamachi is completely removed, it’s like it was never installed on your PC. Now all you need to do is download and install the latest version and the problem should be completely solved.
6. Install the driver manually while Hamachi is installing
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
2. Locate LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter, right click on it and select Update Driver Software from the menu.
3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
4. Now go to the Hamachi installation folder, by default it should be:
C: Program Files (x86) LogMeIn Hamachi
Note: Once you have selected this folder, your PC should scan it and install the missing driver. Once done, the latest driver will be installed and the installation will complete successfully.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to update the driver quickly for this to work, so it may be a good idea to have Device Manager open while installing Hamachi.
7. Use a different installer
According to users, Hamachi errors can sometimes be caused by the installer.
This is an uncommon cause, but several users reported that they solved the problem simply by uninstalling Hamachi and using the other configuration file to install it.
Users claim that they downloaded the installer from a different source that is not the official Hamachi website and thus solved the problem.
We don’t know how reliable this method is, but many users claim that it works, so feel free to try it.
8. Try using an older version of Hamachi
In some cases, Hamachi errors may appear if you are using the latest version. When it comes to software, it is generally a good practice to use the latest software as it offers the latest features and updates.
However, sometimes certain functions can contain errors and that can lead to these and many other errors. To fix this issue, some users suggested going back to the previous version of Hamachi and see if that helps.
To do this, uninstall the current version and then download and install the previous version. To find an older version, you may need to use third-party resources.
After downloading the older version, install it and see if that solves your problem.
Keep in mind that Hamachi will check for the latest version as soon as you install it, so make sure it doesn’t download the latest updates.
9. Disable Windows Firewall
- Locate Windows Firewall and select Windows Defender Firewall from the list.
2. Click Advanced Settings in the menu on the left.
3. Select Windows Defender Firewall Properties.
4. Go to the Domain Profile tab and set the firewall status to Disabled.
5. Go to the Private Profile and Public Profile tabs and do the same. Finally, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Note: Disabling the firewall isn’t the best option in terms of security, but if Hamachi works after that, the problem is probably related to one of your firewall settings, so you’ll have to find and change it manually.
Several users reported that the problem was port 25565, so to fix this, make sure port 25565 is open on the inbound rules page. After making this change, the problem should be resolved and Hamachi should start working again.
Hamachi errors can cause many problems on your PC, but in most cases these problems are caused by your firewall settings, a corrupted installation or other applications.
However, we hope you were able to resolve this issue with one of our solutions, and if you have any additions, please let us know in the comment section below.