- In the event that Solarwinds does not send email alerts, it is extremely important to address this issue as it may affect your work or social life.
- To solve the dreaded problem of Solarwinds LEM not sending email alerts, the easiest method is to use specialized software.
- Verifying the SMTP server settings is also an item to check when trying to resolve this issue.
- Important information can also be collected by viewing the information in the Solarwinds registry.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Since 2000, Solarwinds has had a consistent presence in the IT industry.
The goal is to provide powerful IT infrastructure management software at affordable prices. Many of your users have encountered the problem that Solarwinds does not send email alerts.
Users have complained about this problem on the Solarwinds forum:
We’ve also researched this issue and our best solutions are listed in the next section. They have been tested to help you troubleshoot Solarwinds not sending email alerts.
How can I fix the Solarwinds not sending email alerts error?
1. Use a professional third-party solution
To solve the problem that Solarwinds does not send e-mail alerts and does not reappear, you can always opt for professional software. The right one to use in this situation is a WiFi analyzer.
We recommend the Paessler PRTG professional WiFi analyzer that allows us to monitor all your connected wireless devices.
Use it to manage your routers using five key factors: device status, speed, load, traffic, signal strength, and Wi-Fi usage.
2. Verify if the STMP server is valid
- Use an account with administrator rights.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console and click Settings.
3. Go to Reports and Alerts and click SMTP Server Manager.
4. Choose SMTP Server and click Edit.
5. Enter the following: username / IP address and SMTP port number.
6. To authenticate, check This SMTP server requires authentication.
7. Enter the required credentials and click Send test email.
8.Enter email addresses there: one for your recipient and one for Reply.
3. Verify if the Email action is enabled
1. Use an account with administrator rights.
2. Log in to the Orion Web Console.
3. Click Settings, go to Reports and Alerts, and click Admin Alerts.
4. Click the Action Manager tab, a group with a list based on the type of action.
5. Check the Send an email / page action if the respective alert is enabled.
4. Verify the Solarwinds log
1. Go to the following path:
2. Search for Alerting.Service.V2.
3. Check which errors (if any) are in the list.
Note: An error means that the wrong SMTP server was used for one of the alerts, or that the problem could be caused by a subscription issue that prevented SWIS v3 from starting.
There are several solutions you can try to prevent Solarwinds from sending email alerts.
Using a professional third-party application such as PRTG Network Monitor will not only prevent the email problem from happening again, it will take much less time and allow you to avoid other problems.
We also recommend that you check the following: valid SMTP server, enable email action and check the Solarwinds log.
Feel free to share your experiences with us through the dedicated comment section below this guide.