- Hack Tool: Win32/Keygen is a tool used to generate fake activation keys for various software in order to bypass the security mechanism.
- While the tool itself is not malicious, it is generally associated with malware, so make sure to use the best antivirus on the market.
- Windows Defender is the first solution to help you locate and quarantine this malicious virus.
- Also, run a full scan of your PC and detect and remove the software that came with Hacktool: Win32/Keygen.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 533,183 readers this month.
Windows Defender, which is automatically installed with every copy of Windows 10, usually runs a recurring background scan.
Sometimes after a scan, it can detect a threat tagged as HackTool: Win32keygen. Of course, some people complain about this:
We have found some quick solutions to help you remove HackTool: Win32keygen. Check out our guide below to get rid of this problem:
How can I remove HackTool: Win32keygen?
1. Quarantine or remove the threat via Windows Defender
- Open Windows Defender and check the History tab to see if the threat was handled correctly.
- Go back to the Home tab and run a full scan.
See if any other threats were discovered after the scan and note where the infected files were found.
3. Restart Windows 10 to finish deleting the files found during the scan.
4. Alternatively, in newer versions of Windows, you can go to the Windows Defender Security Center, click Scan Options, and run the full scan from there.
2. Detect and remove the software that came with the Win32keygen
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Programs and choose Programs and Features.
- Click the name of the software you identified and then click Uninstall on the top tab.
4. Follow the steps shown on the screen and repeat as necessary for each software.
In the previous step, where we noted where the files were found, we can determine what software came with the file.
You can usually determine this by looking at the parent folder that contained the infected file.
If you are having trouble accessing Control Panel in Windows 10, just follow the steps in our easy guide and fix it with ease.
3. Use Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Go to the official page and download Microsoft Safety Scanner.
- Open the executable file.
- Run a scan and follow the instructions to complete this action.
4. Install a third-party antivirus and scan
- Download and install the latest version of antivirus software.
- Run a scan.
- After the scan is complete, the results screen will appear.
4. To remove the infected applications, highlight them and click the Remove Selected button.
5. If it asks you to restart your PC, do so as instructed.
⇒ Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus
If you got to this point, it means that you managed to remove Hacktool: Win32keygen from your system and cleaned your computer.
Don’t forget to protect your PC from viruses with one of the best lifetime antivirus programs on our list.
We hope our recommendations have been helpful. If you have any other questions or suggestions, drop to the comment section below.