- When you try to launch Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Windows 10, you may experience compatibility issues.
- There are some quick fixes and we show them below.
- We have covered many topics related to Microsoft’s operating system, so check out Windows 10 Hub.
- If you are looking for specific guides, our Troubleshooting section will help you.
To fix various PC issues, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 947,329 readers this month.
Star Wars fever is still here! And while some people haven’t seen the movie yet, many of them enjoy the Star Wars phenomenon by using branded items or even playing one of the most popular games of the same name ever – Star Wars Battlefront 2.
Battlefront 2 was launched in 2005 and Microsoft has since released a number of versions of the Windows operating system. As a result, compatibility issues may arise.
So in this article, we will talk about how to make Star Wars Battlefront 2 work on Windows 10.
How can I launch Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Windows 10?
- Update Windows and install the latest drivers
- Enable Stereo Mix
- Run the game in compatibility mode.
- Delete video mode
- Turn off the firewall
- Run the game as administrator
1. Update Windows and install the latest drivers
First, make sure you are using the latest version of Windows. Running outdated versions of the operating system can cause a variety of issues, including boot problems or game crashes.
Go to Settings / Update & Security and open Windows Update. Click the Check for Updates button, if available.
Windows Update automatically installs the latest driver updates when it checks for updates.
However, make sure you have the latest driver versions installed by launching the Device Manager.
If there is an exclamation mark next to the specific drivers, right click on the respective drivers and select Update
We also highly recommend special third-party driver update tools such as DriverFix to automatically download any outdated drivers on your PC.
This is optimal because it regularly checks for updates and keeps your system healthy and safe as you can manually download and install the wrong version of the driver.
Once you have installed the tool, all you need to do is press the Scan button and let it go through the entire system. At the end of the process, you’ll know exactly which drivers need to be updated, as well as the options available.
2. Enable Stereo Mix
- Right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar.
- Open Recording Devices (or Sounds).
3. Right click on the empty space and choose Show Disabled Devices.
4. Stereo Mix will appear, so right click on it and choose Enable.
5. If you can’t enable the Stereo Mix, it’s probably missing a driver, so go to Device Manager and see if your audio drivers are missing
Note: Some of the newer sound drivers are no longer compatible with Stereo Mix. Therefore, if you are unable to view or enable Stereo Mix, you may need to install an older sound driver.
After enabling Stereo Mix, go ahead and try to open Star Wars Battlefront 2, it should work fine now. But if not, try the game in compatibility mode as shown below.
3. Run the game in the compatibility mode
- Open the Star Wars Battlefront 2 folder (if using it through Steam, open it in the following location:
C: Steamsteam AppsCommon Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Right click on the Start Wars Battlefront 2 icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, under Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
4. Delete vidmode
Some users have confirmed that the issue has been resolved by removing vidmode. Navigate to this location:
C: Program Files (x86) SteamsteamappscommonStar Wars Battlefront IIGameDataDATA_LVL_PC
Uninstall vidmode and check if you can launch Start Wars Battlefront 2 on Windows 10.
5. Turn off firewall
- Go to Start and open Control Panel
- Select System and Security / Firewall and go to Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
3. Check the boxes that allow you to disable the firewall.
6. Run the game as admin
- Go to:
- Right click on the executable file and select Properties
- Then go to the Compatibility tab and select Run as administrator.
4. Then go to
C: Program Files Origin GamesSTAR WARS Battlefront IIstarwarsbattlefrontii.exe
5. Right click on the executable file, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check Run as administrator.
Here are the steps to follow on Steam:
- Go to your Steam library, right click on the game, go to the Properties/Local Files tab.
- Go to Browse Local Files, right click on the game executable and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and then select Run this program as administrator / Apply
- Restart Steam and start Star Wars Battlefront 2 again.
As a last resort, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
That is it. We hope this article helped you solve the problem and now you can play your favorite Star Wars game on your Windows 10 computer.
If you have any comments, questions, or maybe solutions to this issue that we haven’t mentioned, feel free to leave them in the comments below.