- Wireless connections have many advantages, but they also come with certain problems.
- Many users reported that the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware issues, and in this article we will show you how to fix it.
- Do you have additional network issues? You can read about it in our section dedicated to networking and the Internet.
- Looking for more solutions? Be sure to check out our Fix Hub for more such articles.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 970,092 readers this month.
Wireless connections are great, especially if you don’t want to work with cables, but many users reported that the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware issues.
This can be a problem and in today’s article we will show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
What can I do if the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn adapter is having driver or hardware problems?
1. Use DriverFix
One way to fix all driver issues is through the DriverFix software. Make sure to use an Ethernet connection to connect to the Internet to install the application.
The software will automatically scan your system for missing drivers and give you a detailed report so that you can easily view all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Once the scan is complete, you can download the outdated drivers from the DriverFix database and install them automatically.
The database consists of over 18 million drivers, so you should be able to find all the drivers you need. If necessary, you can also back up your drivers or schedule a scan to check for driver issues.
DriverFix is incredibly easy to use and with its easy to use user interface you should be able to fix all your driver issues in no time.
2. Download driver manually
- Connect to the Internet using an Ethernet connection.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter.
- Install the drivers and check if the problem is solved.
Alternatively, you can install the drivers as follows:
- Connect your device to the Internet via the Ethernet connection.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
3. Find your network adapter in the list, right click and select Update driver.
4. Now select Search for drivers automatically and let Windows download the correct driver.
3. Change adapter settings
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your WiFi adapter and double click on it to open its properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
4. Select the 802.11n channel width for 2.4 GHz and set it to 20 MHz only.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
After that, the Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn Wi-Fi adapter issue should be resolved.
4. Use a USB Wi-Fi adapter
- Buy a USB Wi-Fi adapter.
- Connect it to your PC.
- Check if the problem is solved
This is a workaround, but many users reported that it was the only option for them, so you may want to consider it.
If your device is still under warranty, you can also send it to the official repair center.
The Realtek RTL8188ee 802.11bgn WiFi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware issues. The error can be troublesome, but you should be able to fix it by updating the drivers.