- Users have encountered an issue with Microsoft Teredo Tunnel Adapter driver that they are unable to resolve.
- This troubleshooting guide contains solutions to this problem so make sure to go through them all.
- See the drivers section for other great guides.
- Feel free to search for other comprehensive and easy-to-follow articles in our Internet and Network Center.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problem drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions to avoid system crashes.
DriverFix was downloaded by 539,401 readers this month.
IPv4 and IPv6 are two alternative IP protocols that assign unique addresses to PCs around the world. The Microsoft Teredo tunnel adapter device acts as a translator for IPv4 and IPv6 PCs for Internet communications.
However, some users have encountered issues with the Microsoft Teredo Tunnel Adapter driver.
Many users have said that they see a Microsoft Teredo tunnel adapter has a driver problem message when repairing it.
When that problem occurs, the Teredo tunnel adapter cannot start, which affects how you can use your system.
How can I fix the Teredo Tunneling Adapter driver problem?
1. Use DriverFix
DriverFix software can resolve driver issues by installing updated drivers for internal and external PC devices that are outdated or missing. With its super-fast scans and very large driver database, DriverFix is worth mentioning when you need to troubleshoot driver issues.
You can try updating the Teredo Tunnel Adapter driver using DriverFix Pro or its free version. One of the main differences between those versions is that DriverFix Pro automatically installs the downloaded drivers as well.
Other useful features
- The DriverFix Driver Backup Utility allows you to backup your drivers
- You can schedule scans with DriverFix’s scheduling manager
- Your download manager shows the driver download progress
- Live chat support for DriverFix
2. Reinstall the adapter driver
Disable the adapter
- Open Command Prompt as administrator, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter hotkey.
- Enter the following command and press Enter:
netsh int teredo set is disabled
- Open the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Click the View menu and select the Show hidden devices option.
5. Double-click the Network Adapters category.
6. Right-click on the Microsoft Teredo Tunnel Adapter to select the corresponding Uninstall option.
7. Click Uninstall in the Confirm Device Uninstall window.
Re-enable the adapter
- Open the command prompt again.
- Type this command:
netsh int ipv6 set teredo client
- Don’t forget to press Enter to start the command.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Select the Network adapters category.
6. Click the Scan for hardware changes button on the Device Manager toolbar.
3. Edit the registry
- Press the Windows logo key and S at the same time to open a search utility.
- Then enter the Registry Editor into the search engine.
- Double-click Registry Editor to open the window.
- Then navigate to this registry key:
5.Double-click on DisabledComponents DWORD to open the window in the socket directly below.
6. Clear the current number in the Value data box.
7. Enter 0 as the replacement value in the Value data box.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Then restart your desktop or laptop.
The above resolutions can fix Microsoft’s Teredo Tunnel Adapter with driver issue for Windows 7, 8 and 10. Registry resolution is one of the most confirmed solutions.
Feel free to share your experience with us through the comment section below this guide.