- Outdated or incompatible drivers can prevent Gears of War 4 from starting in Windows 10.
- Updating your Windows 10 and GPU drivers will quickly fix the black screen issue.
- Some people reported that the problem can be solved by downloading another game from the Windows Store.
- Make sure you’re signed in with the correct email address in the Xbox app.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers working and protects you from common computer errors and hardware failures. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver Software to get new versions and avoid system failures.
DriverFix was downloaded by 536,638 readers this month.
Gears of War is a popular game series on both Xbox and PC, and speaking of this game, many users reported black screens when trying to run Gears of War 4 on their PC.
This can be a major problem and in today’s article we will show you how to fix it permanently.
Gears of War 4 is a great game, but PC users have reported several issues with it. Here are some of the most common issues users have reported:
- Gears of War 4 crashes on startup, splash screen crash – Sometimes Gears of War 4 may crash to start due to lack of updates. To fix this issue, download the latest updates for Windows 10.
- Gears of War 4 stuck on loading screen PC – Your graphics card can sometimes cause this problem. To fix the issue, make sure Gears of War 4 is set to use the special graphics.
- Gears of War 4 PC freezing – This problem can occur if your drivers are outdated. To fix the problem, make sure to install the latest drivers and try running Gears of War 4 again.
- Gears of War 4 PC won’t start, launch –This issue can occur if the offline permissions feature is not enabled in the Microsoft Store. Just enable this feature and the Gears of War 4 issue should be resolved.
Gears of War 4 black screen on PC, how to fix it?
- Make sure you have the latest updates
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Try downloading another game from Microsoft Store
- Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app with the correct email address.
- Make sure to use your special graphics to run the game.
- Enable the offline permissions feature
- Reset the Microsoft Store cache and start the necessary services
1. Make sure that you have the latest updates
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do this is to use the Windows Key + I keyboard shortcut.
- After the Settings app opens, go to the Update & Security section.
3. In the right pane, click the Check for Updates button.
4. Windows will now search for available updates and download them in the background.
If you get a black screen while trying to run Gears of War 4, the problem may be with your system. Sometimes certain glitches can cause this and many other problems.
To fix the problem, it is recommended to update Windows 10 to the latest version. This process is quite simplified in Windows 10.
For the most part, your operating system automatically installs missing updates. After the updates are downloaded, restart your PC to install them again.
After updating your system to the latest version, check if the problem persists. This simple solution worked for multiple users, so be sure to give it a try.
Here’s a handy tutorial dedicated to how to fix a black screen with courses in Windows 10.
2. Update your graphics card drivers
- Go to Settings and type Device Manager.
2. In Device Manager, locate and expand the display adapter.
3. Select your GPU, right click on it and click Update Driver.
Sometimes a black screen may appear in Gears of War 4 due to the drivers. Your graphics card drivers are critical for gaming and multimedia.
If your drivers are out of date, you may experience a variety of issues. To fix this and other issues, users recommend updating your graphics card drivers.
Update your GPU drivers automatically
Updating the graphics card driver is relatively easy and can be done by visiting the graphics card manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your model.
However, if this process seems a bit complicated and you don’t know how to do it correctly, you can always use third-party tools to download your drivers.
To make sure everything runs smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, use a comprehensive driver update wizard that fixes your issues in just a few clicks, and we highly recommend DriverFix. Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the drivers that you want to fix.
- Wait for the application to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
3. Try downloading a different game from the Microsoft Store
- In the search bar, go to the store and select Microsoft Store from the list.
2.Try downloading a free game from the Microsoft Store now.
3. The download process will now begin.
4 .Wait about 10 seconds and then click the down arrow next to your profile picture.
5. Now click the X button to stop the download.
If you are getting a black screen while trying to run Gears of War 4 on your PC, this solution might help you.
According to users, you can fix them temporarily by simply trying to download another game from Microsoft Store and then cancel the download process.
After you do that, the download process will stop. Now you can try Gears of War 4 again and it should start without any problems.
Several users reported that this method worked for them, but keep in mind that this is only a temporary solution.
4. Make sure that you’re signed in to the Xbox app with a correct email
- Press Windows key + S and enter Xbox.
- Now choose Xbox from the list of results.
3. Sign out when the Xbox app opens.
4 . To do this, click the gear icon in the left pane. In the right pane, click the Sign Out button.
5. Now click Sign In If you are prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account, click the Not You option in the top left corner.
6. Select Use a different account option and click Continue.
7 .Now enter your email address and password and you should be signed in to the Xbox app.
According to users, Gears of War 4 can sometimes get a black screen if you’re not signed in to the Xbox app with the correct account.
Users reported that if you signed in to the Xbox app with a Microsoft account instead of an Xbox account, you may be encountering this issue.
5. Make sure that you’re using your dedicated graphics to run the game
- Open the Nvidia Control Panel.
- In the left pane, select Manage 3D Settings. In the right pane, go to Program Settings.
3. Look for Gears of War 4 on the list.
If it is not available, click the Add button to add it.
4. Now set Select the desired graphics processor for this program to High Performance Nvidia Processor.
5 .Then click the Apply button to save the changes.
Many laptops and some PCs come with dedicated and integrated graphics, and this can sometimes be a problem.
Your PC may be configured to run the game with integrated graphics and that could cause this issue. To fix the problem, you need to change your graphics card settings.
After making these changes, Gears of War 4 will always work with the Nvidia graphics card and the issue should be fixed permanently.
If you’re using AMD graphics, you should be able to find all these settings in the Catalyst Control Center.
6. Enable the offline permissions feature
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Click the More icon in the top right corner and choose Settings from the menu.
3. Now find the Offline Permissions feature and enable it.
According to users, if you have a black screen while trying to run Gears of War 4, you may be able to solve the problem by changing some settings in the Microsoft Store.
After doing that, the issue should be resolved and you should be able to run Gears of War 4 without any issues.
7. Reset the Microsoft Store cache and start the required services
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter wsreset.exe and press Enter.
According to users, Microsoft Store issues can sometimes affect other apps and cause issues like black screen in Gears of War 4.
However, you can easily fix that problem by resetting the Windows Store cache. To do this, follow the steps above.
After that, you need to enable certain services. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Run dialog box and enter services.msc then press Pay in.
- When the Services window opens, locate the Windows PushToInstall service, right-click and choose Start from the menu.
After that, try running Gears of War 4 again and check if the problem persists.
Black screen can be a big problem and prevent you from running Gears of War 4 on your PC. However, we hope you were able to resolve this issue with one of our solutions.
Feel free to tell us how these solutions helped you, or if you have any other suggestions related to the topic in the comment section below.