- Forza Horizon 4 The problem with this app won’t open for various reasons, but there is a way to solve it.
- You can easily fix this problem by resetting the game to its defaults and clearing the cache.
- Disabling certain incompatible software is another possible way to solve this problem.
- If Forza Horizon 4 gets stuck on the loading screen on the PC, reinstalling the app with specialized software may help.
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool which comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that may be causing PC problems.
- Click Fix All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
Restoro was downloaded by 953,019 readers this month.
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best racing games for Windows. However, some players have posted on forums about an error This app cannot be opened which they need to fix for Forza Horizon 4. That racing game will not start when they get the error This app cannot be opened.
How can I fix the This app can’t open error for Forza Horizon 4?
1. Reinstall the app
If none of the following fixes Horizon error 4. This application cannot be opened, as a last resort try reinstalling the game. You can remove leftover software and files more thoroughly with IOBit Uninstaller. IOBit Uninstaller is a utility that allows you to uninstall software as well as toolbars and browser add-ons.
Apart from that, IOBit Uninstaller includes a handy Software Updater tab. In that tab, you will see a list of software on your PC that needs to be updated. You can click the Update All option to quickly update all listed outdated software versions.
Other IOBit Uninstaller features
- Your installation monitor records changes to the software installation
- IOBit users can select a forced removal option for software they cannot remove with standard tools
- Users can select dark theme for IOBit Uninstaller
- Allows your users to uninstall Windows updates.
2. Troubleshoot MS Store apps
- First, press the Windows hotkey and I to launch Settings.
- Click Update & Security and go to Troubleshooting to open the tab below.
3. Then click Additional troubleshooters to open the troubleshooter list.
4. Select Windows Store apps and press the Run Troubleshooter buttons to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
5. Then check out the troubleshooter that opens to detect and fix app issues.
This is a simple solution, but it can help you if you have problems with Windows applications, so be sure to give it a try if you have Forza Horizon 4, this application cannot open error.
3. Reset Forza Horizon 4
- Press the Windows and I keys at the same time.
- Click Applications to open a list of installed software.
3. Select Forza Horizon 4 from the list of applications.
4. Click Advanced Options to access the settings in the recording directly below.
5.Then press the Reset button.
6. Click Reset again to confirm.
4. Clear the MS Store Cache
- Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Windows key and X at the same time.
- Select Run from the menu to launch that accessory.
- Type this restart command in Run:
4. Press the Enter key to run the command.
5. Turn off the firewall
- First, click the Type here to search for Windows 10 button to open that utility.
- Enter the keyword firewall in the search box and click Windows Defender Firewall to open that applet.
3. Then click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
4. Select the Disable Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons.
5. Press the OK button to save the settings.
6. Try to start Forza Horizon 4 with the firewall turned off.
6. Temporarily disable antivirus software
- Double-click the icon in the Windows security system to open it.
- Then click the Virus Threat and Protection Shield button.
- Click Manage Settings to access the options in the recording directly below.
4. Disable real-time protection and cloud-provided protection settings.
Users with third-party antivirus software should disable it through their context menus. Right-click the icon in the system tray of your antivirus and select your disable option to temporarily disable the shield. After that, try playing Forza 4 with your antivirus software turned off.
Once your antivirus is disabled, check if Forza Horizon 4 can’t open this app, the error is still there.
Note: Forza’s support team has confirmed that the antivirus packages Avast, Avira, Sophos, Comodo, Trend Micro Maximum Security, Bitdefender Firewall, and Sophos are preventing the launch of F4. So make sure to disable or even uninstall those third-party antivirus programs.
7. Disable ReadyBoost and disconnect all unneeded USB device
- Simultaneously press the Windows keys on the keyboard and E to open File Explorer.
- Then right-click on a USB flash drive that you have inserted into your PC and select Properties.
- Select the ReadyBoost tab shown directly below.
- Click the radio button Do not use this device.
- Press the Apply button.
- Click OK to exit the window.
- After that, disconnect all unnecessary USB devices from your PC.
- Then try playing Forza Horizon 4 after removing all unnecessary USB devices.
8. Clean boot Windows
- Open Run as described in the first two steps of resolution four.
- To open MSConfig, enter this command and click OK:
- Then click the Selective radio button if it is not already selected.
- Clear the Load Startup check box.
- Make sure the Load System Services and Use Original Boot Configuration check boxes are selected.
6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services setting on the Services tab to exclude Microsoft system services.
7. Press the Disable All button to deselect the other services.
8. Click the Apply option.
9. Select the OK option to exit MSConfig.
10. Click the Restart option in the dialog box that appears.
11. If you’ve restarted Windows, try playing Forza Horizon 4.
Note: If this solution resolves the issue, there is a high probability that an incompatible program or service will conflict with Forza Horizon 4. Programs include Discord, Xsplit, Logitech G Hub, Sonic Audio, Warsaw Banking App, OBS, EVGA Precision, and MSI Afterburner. confirmed that it conflicts with Horizon 4.
So, these are some of the most likely ways to fix the error. This application cannot be opened for Forza Horizon 4. Note that some of the above resolutions can also solve the problem that the same application cannot be opened for other games and software. Some solutions in our guide to Windows 10 apps not opening can also help fix this issue.